Pages

Sunday 10 March 2013

on an upswing

Guys! Guys!  THERE ARE MORE HOUSES I WOULD LIKE TO BUY! Quelle surprise!

-     Retro Brick and Tile with a Fab Deck: Pt Chevalier, basically beside the zoo.  We can probably hear the monkeys!  It’ll be just like living near the fandamily!  Don’t love the bedrooms but the living areas (northwest facing) are superb.  Goes to auction Wednesday…I can hear you all heaving rather large sighs about the shape of this week’s posts already…

-     Bungalow with a Great Backyard and Lovely Living Space: Sandringham, good pub nearby (hey, I’m basically British in terms of my attachment to having a local.)  Auction is Wednesday week.   People: it has a walled vege garden.  You don’t even want to know how excited that makes me. 

I also looked at a ton of cruddy houses this weekend, so we were more than grateful to find something that (a) we might be willing to spend money on and (b) we might be able to afford.  When we were at an open home in Kingsland (so close to town…and yet so close to the shitting motorway) we realised another potential purchaser viewing the place was a former All Black (I thought P was going to lose his shit, seriously.  Was so proud when he played it cool until we got in the car), and at another do-up in Grey Lynn we ran into none other than Rachel Hunter, supermodel and ex-spouse of Rod Stewart.  So yeah, we can’t really afford either of those places.  Paddy no longer cares and is dining out on the stories of his best house-hunting day ever (“Me and Mils go way back” “Rachel gave me her number” “Rachel and I really checked out the bathroom, if you know what I mean” etc.)  She is, by the way, a stunningly good looking woman in real life – seems much smaller and even more beautiful than in her pictures.  She looks natural, which is lovely.  Apparently I am now a Rach Fan Girl.  Somebody pass me a Trumpet.

OH YOU POOR SODS, I’m back on the housebuying horse. 

Other things: Ma and Pa Hopeless have hit India.  I’m dying to get a report from them (so jealous, and yet STILL I can’t face dahl).  I am sure they will have some very bloggable stories which may mean you get more than a stream of consciousness re: property purchasing and flatmate flagellating from me. 

Also, picture! This pic is in honour of the fact that it was the most glorious weekend here – we’re talking mid-high 20s temps, with clear blue skies and very little humidity.  Just lovely.  Oh, and the Bluff oyster season has started.  Expensive but delicious; we treated P’s Southern born father to oysters which I suspect are his personal brand of crack.  Worth it for the look on his face. 
 
WHY YES, THAT IS THE BACK OF P'S HEAD AND BUNCH OF POWER LINES ON SNWACK STREET (SAW SOME MORE HOUSES UP THAT WAY THIS WEEKEND.)  DON'T BE THINKING WE CAN AFFORD SOMEWHERE WHERE THE LINES ARE UNDERGROUND.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your deepest secrets. Or your opinion on the Oxford comma. Or your favourite pre-dinner drink. Anything really, as long as it's not mean.